1 box of devil’s food cake mix (or any flavor of your choice)
½ cup vegetable oil
1 container of cream cheese frosting (or any flavor of your choice)
Mix all ingredients (except frosting) in a medium bowl to make cookie dough. (Please note, you are not to prepare the cake mix as directed on the box. Instead, simply mix the cake mix (powder), eggs, and oil.) The cookie dough will be thick. Spoon out small balls (roughly rounded teaspoon size) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
Let cool and frost between two cookies.
Note: We use a cookie dough scoop (similar to an ice cream scoop) for the dough to provide uniformity of size, etc. In addition, we like to experiment with various flavors of cake mix and frosting. These cookies are quite easy to make.
Honey Milk Balls
½ cup honey
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup nonfat dry milk
1 cup uncooked quick oats
Mix honey and peanut butter in medium bowl. Add dry milk and oats. Divide mixture into small balls. (No cooking/baking required)
2 cups sugar
3 cups uncooked quick oats
1 cup butter (two sticks)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 T. cocoa
Heat sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa to boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Mix well. Allow mixture to cool until it reaches the desired viscosity for scooping. Scoop (or drop) onto wax paper using teaspoon or a sophisticated baking tool. Cool, and enjoy!
Oriental Cabbage Salad
This recipe has two parts: salad and dressing.
2 T. sesame seeds
½ cup slivered almonds
16 oz. cabbage, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1 package Ramen noodles, any flavor, crumbled
1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
Mix cabbage and onions. Place in refrigerator. (Can toast the almonds and sesame seeds at 350° for 10 minutes; set aside)
2 T. sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 T. rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
dash of salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 flavor packet from Ramen noodles
Mix dressing well and pour over salad just before serving. Add sesame seeds, almonds, crushed noodles and mandarin orange slices.
Butter Chicken (Chicken Tikka Masala)
1 – 16 oz can tomatoes
¼ tsp. Cardamom
¼ tsp. powdered ginger (or 1 tsp fresh)
1 ¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic paste (or 1 clove fresh)
½ tsp. black pepper
1 – 3oz can chopped green chili peppers
1 tsp. Kasuri Methi
1 ½ cubes butter
1 bottle Tandoori Curry Paste
2 small cartons fresh cream
5 chicken breasts
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Marinate in 1/3 of jar (100 gr) of Tandoori Curry paste 3-4 hrs (no worries if you forget). You can dilute the paste very slightly with water for better marinade consistency.
Puree in blender: tomatoes and green chilies.
Melt butter in deep pan over low heat. Add the ginger, garlic, tomato mixture, fresh cream and all spices. Bring to a boil, add chicken, then lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with Naan (Indian bread).
makes 8 breads
3 1/3 cups unbleached flour
2/3 cup natural yogurt
1 packet of dried yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
extra flour, for rolling
1 tablespoon sesame or poppy seeds
a little oil, for cooking
sifter or strainer
griddle or heavy-based frying pan
cup and pastry brush
This is a leavened bread, made with yeast.
- Sift the flour into a big bowl. Add the yeast and salt and stir in the seeds.
- Mix the yogurt, water, and butter together and stir into the flour with a big wooden spoon.
- With clean hands, turn the dough out onto a board. Rub the dough hard as if you were scrubbing clothes. This is called kneading and makes the dough nice and smooth. Do this for at least 5 minutes.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm part of the kitchen until it has doubled in size. This will take between 2 and 4 hours, depending on the warmth of the room.
- Punch the dough so that it collapses. Take it out of the bowl and knead it again for 1 minute. Cut into 8 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a work surface and roll each ball out to an oval shape (the Indians say “like a teardrop”).
- Heat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan until quite hot, brush it lightly with some oil, and cook each bread for about 3 minutes on each side. Watch to see that it does not burn. Keep the breads warm, wrapped in a clean tea towel, while you make the rest.
Tomato Basil Pizza
1 package yeast (~2 ¼ tsp)
1 tsp. salt
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sugar
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar, salt, and oil. Mix in flour and knead until smooth; set aside. Combine topping ingredients, except for tomatoes, and set aside. Roll out pizza dough. Spread topping mixture over pizza dough. Place tomatoes on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 graham cracker crust
- Combine ingredients (except crust) in mixing bowl; mix for about a minute.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
- This is a recipe for a slow cooker -
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 cup hot water
- Spray inside of a 2 to 3 1/2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter evenly in bottom of cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in bowl.
- Stir in hot water until smooth.
- Pour evenly over batter in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours (or on low for 3 1/2 hours) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off cooker and let cake stand uncovered 30-40 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes and top with your favorite topping (whipped cream, ice cream, etc.)